The following guidelines are designed to assist the Disabled Students' Program (DSP) in providing you with timely and effective Alternative Media Services. DSP continues to be actively engaged in identifying ways to better serve students with print disabilities. If you have questions about, or ideas for how to improve, any of the following guidelines, contact the DSP Director by email at email@example.com or phone (510) 642-0518.
Upon request DSP provides alternative media for required and recommended course reading assignments including course textbooks, readers, handouts, materials posted to bSpace and specifically required or recommended library materials. Please note there are also Library services for students with print disabilities.
Enroll in your Courses during the First Day Tele-BEARS Phases I and II Open
Submit Your Request for Alternative Media as soon as you can
Ask for Help if Classes Start in Six Weeks & Course Materials Not Yet Available
If by three weeks before a class starts, you are registered for a course but have not submitted an alt media request or sent DSP an Alt Media Notice, DSP may not be able to provide that course's textbook or reader within the Standard Production Timeframes set out below.
Making a Request for Alternative Media
- Use the Alt Media Request Form
- Identify Required and Recommended Reading Assignments
- Submitting Materials for Conversion
- Verify your ownership of textbook/course reader (copyright issues)
- To be sure you have your alt media before the start of classes…
- bSpace Online Postings and Hard Copy Handouts
- Standard Production Time*