This is the 50th year anniversary of the Federal TRiO programs. These programs have proven to be helpful in increasing the retention, good academic standing, and graduation rates. To benefit from TRiO’s history of success, TRiO-S3 students must comply with the following expectations:
- Attend a New Student Orientation with the TRiO-S3 Staff
- Complete a post-selection TRiO-S3 assessment
- Meet with the TRiO-S3 Specialist to create a Student Success Plan (SSP)
- Participate in monthly meetings with the TRiO-S3 Specialist
- Attend a specify number of TRiO-S3 workshops and other events.
In other words, be an active and engaged TRiO-S3 community member!!
If you can answer “yes” to all four (4) of these questions then you may be eligible to apply for participation in the TRiO-S3 program at UC Berkeley:
- Are you currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment as an undergraduate at UC Berkeley?
- Can you benefit from additional support and a sense of community?
- Do you have a Social Security Number or DACA number?
- Are you a first generation college-going student, a student from a low income background, or a student with different learning or physical abilities ?
Still interested? Apply Now!
Please keep in mind the following:
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Submitting an application or meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Spacing is limited and varies with each academic year.
- Eligible students not accepted into TRiO-S3 will be waitlisted until space becomes available.
- You do not need to be in DSP in order to be accepted into TRiO-S3.