The links that you are most likely to need and use are below. If you hear of another great link, let us know!
- Disability Benefits 101.org
- Hosted by the World Institute on Disability, this site takes the confusion out of the US benefits/health system. It includes a benefits calculator; enter your information and it will figure out how much you can make and still keep your benefits… and more!
- Disability Rights Advocates (DRA)
- DRA are the ones to help you when you think something may be discriminatory. They also produce a book called Through the Maze, which will help you navigate benefits and more.
- Center for Independent Living (CIL)
- CIL offers over 14 helpful programs. They've got Benefits Counseling (including help with PASS plans); the Client Assistance Program (CAP), which helps resolve issues you might have with DOR; and a Youth Program, among others.
- World Institute on Disability (WID)
- WID hosts Disability Benefits 101.org. They also offer Proyecto Visión; (a bilingual website for youth with Disabilities); Access to Assets; and a wealth of resources, information, and links.
- Disability Rights California (formerly Protection and Advocacy, Inc.)
- Disability Rights California provides advocacy help for Californians with disabilities.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Disability-specific resource lists, info on the ADA and accommodation ideas, sample disclosure letters, etc.
Social Security Disability Benefits Guide
Understand how Social Security disability works and how to calculate your benefits. They also provide a benefits calculator to help you visualize your benefits!
Some lists you can subscribe to and receive info from:
- Berkeley Disabled
- MIUSA's listservs: MIUSA is Mobility International USA, whose "international exchange, leadership and development programs focus on people with disabilities taking their rightful place in the world community."
- Disability Studies at UC Berkeley
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- Proyecto Visión: Send email to email@example.com
- International Guild of Disabled Artists and Performers
- Access to Assets
- Deaf Media: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some useful campus links:
- Disabled Students' Program (DSP)
- The hub for campus accommodation and disability services.
- Office of Compliance
- Helps you resolve campus discrimination issues. Contact them for more info.
- Disability Studies Department
- The Disability Studies department started the Disability Studies minor. Learn about our history and culture, and connect with scholars in the Disability Studies field.
- Oral History Project
- UC Berkeley is where it all started! The ongoing project is located in the Bancroft Library, and chronicles the Disability Rights Movement
- Scholarship Connection
- UC Berkeley's clearinghouse for information on scholarships that are funded outside of the university.
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- Why do research? Find out here, and see the schedule of workshops: "How to get started in undergraduate research" and "Writing a research proposal."