While academic departments and faculty members are primarily responsible for providing testing accommodations to students with disabilities, DSP Proctoring may provide support (proctors and space) in the event that the department or faculty do not have the requisite resources to provide these accommodations. Due to space limitations, DSP Proctoring gives preference to students with complex accommodations like 200%+ extended time, room alone, scribe, use of a computer or assistive technology, etc. Students with simple accommodations like a 150% reduced distraction environment will be put on a standby list and scheduled if seating is available. Please make every effort to provide accommodations for students with 150% extended time and reduced distraction within your department.
Note: Once the Alternative Testing Agreement has been completed, students are responsible for submitting their own Exam Requests through their AIM Student Portal no later than 5 business days prior to the date of their regular-semester exam, and 10 business days prior to their final. We encourage faculty to fill out all Alternative Testing Agreements at the beginning of each semester and include all exams for the entire semester, including your final exam.
A separate Testing Agreement must be submitted through AIM for each course in which you are requesting proctoring services, including a separate request for cross-listed classes. Be sure to distinguish between Lecture sections and Discussion sections. If you submit a testing agreement for a discussion section, only students in that section will be able to schedule their exams.
ALL EXAMS MUST BE TAKEN BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday--Friday
Logging into AIM and Filling out the Testing Agreement
Please note that students are now responsible for submitting their own exam requests. After you fill out the Testing Agreement, please notify your students to log in to their AIM Student Portal to request their exams.
1. Use your UC Berkeley ID and Password to log into the AIM Online Faculty Portal.
2. Read all Reminders and click the Continue to View Student Accommodations button.
3. Click on the Proctoring link under Views and Tools.
4. Select the class in which you are requesting DSP Proctoring services from the drop-down menu and select Continue to Specify Alternative Testing Agreement.
IMPORTANT: If your class is cross-listed with another section you must submit a separate agreement for each cross-listed section.
5. Answer all questions in the Alternative Testing Agreement. This agreement will be referenced for all exams when students submit their exam requests.
6. Select exam type from the drop-down list, enter the date for the first exam, and enter the in-class duration in minutes. Click the Add Date button.
7. Repeat this process for each exam this semester.
8. Enter your phone number and any additional notes and press Submit Alternative Testing Agreement.
9. You will have to notify your students to log in to their AIM Student Portal to request their exams after you submit the Testing Agreement. Students will not be notified by the system.
Please review Exam Proctoring Faculty FAQs for additional information.
If you have any difficulty with these steps or have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org