DSP is currently revising the Tech Grant guidelines and procedures.
Please visit our site later for updated information.
Only DSP enrolled students with disabilities who have a financial need may apply for this DSP Student Technology Grant. The intent of this DSP Student Technology Grant is to recognize the unique needs of students with disabilities for assistive technology that improves access to instructional and research materials. This DSP Student Technology Grant program is not a legally mandated accommodation. It is a grant or gift dedicated to helping you support your needs for personal technology software.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants are granted only one award per academic year.
- There is a maximum award amount of $1,000 (including 9.5% sales tax), per student, per academic year.
- Requests for the items in the list appearing below are typically eligible for this award.
- No approvals will be made to hire personnel to assemble or construct an item.
- The application must contain a statement by the student, explaining the student's need for the technology requested and what difference having the requested technology will make in the student's academic life. Your statement cannot be more than 2000 characters. It is recommended that you write your statement in a word document then cut-and-paste it into your application.
- To determine the best possible purchase price, please shop several potential sources and submit TWO price quotes each from two different retailers with your application. In some cases, DSP may have unique source prices and base the amount of your award on best available prices that are less than your estimates.
- ITEMS MUST NOT BE PURCHASED BEFORE THE AWARD IS POSTED TO YOUR FINANCIAL AID ACCOUNT. Applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenditure incurred before their grant application is approved. Grants are not retroactive. THERE ARE NO EXEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- If approved, the Financial Aid Office will deposit awards into the applicant's CARS account.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit receipts showing that the approved item was purchased and used for the approved purpose, within 30 days of receipt of the Grant. Failure to provide receipts may result in the Financial Aid office invoking a charge to your CARS account.
- At the end of the academic year, you may be asked to evaluate the effectiveness of the item.
This grant is only for the acquisition of, and appropriate training on, software and hardware which assists the students with their DSP-approved accommodations.
Typically, these assistive technology items are (but are not limited to):
- LiveScribe Pen
- Pearl Scanning Device
- Other Scanning Devices
- WYNN Wizard 6 (standalone) / WYNN Wizard SMA / WYNN Training CD
- ClassMate Reader
- Dragon premium
- Dragon Legal
- Dragon Medical
- Read Here
- Claro Read Plus
- Assistive Listening Device